Translator

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Cheer

As Christmas day draws near I can't help but reflect on the past year and both frown and smile upon it.  This past year I have learned the importance of family, staying connected with friends and letting new friends into your life.  I can honestly say this year has been eventful and challenging, but overall fantastic.

I specifically enjoy this time of year because the joys, lights and happiness of the season takes over at every turn.  Houses are decorated, shopping centers are booming with Christmas songs and people just smile a lot easily.  As a parent I tend to make the house cheery, cook a lot of delicious treats and watch Christmas movies throughout the season.  Some of the favorites being the holiday cartoons and "A Christmas Story." 



The tree is nicely decorated, stockings hung up on the fireplace and as the day draws near the anticipation of opening our presents and taking pictures together gets a bit overwhelming but also exciting.  Being with family this time of the year is rewarding in every way. 

I know there are some families who will be having a difficult time this holiday as they have lost a loved one, and to them I give my heartfelt sympathy.  Our prayers will continue to be with you and we will also share in your grief.  May you be blessed with healing and may you always remember they will never be too far from your hearts.

Merry Christmas to you all, may you always remember the true reason for it and may blessings follow you through every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment