Translator

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lifes Sweet Blessings

Now that the first holiday weekend has passed, and Thanksgiving is over once more, it is time to reflect, take in and enjoy all you have shared and most of all time to relax.  Thanksgiving weekend is also a reminder that a certain person I adore and cherish with all my heart is getting a little older and my heart aches in anticipation that soon he will no longer let me consider him my baby.

Eleven years now and I still recall as if it were yesterday when he arrived into my life.  Being a mom is truly rewarding and I enjoy every minute I share with him in laughter, love and most of all joy.  A joy that grows stronger and stronger each day and one I will always cherish throughout my lifetime.

As the dreaded teen years creep in I can’t say I will ever be prepared as no one knows how tough things can get in that particular phase in life, but I will try my best to cope and deal with it as best I can.  Thankfully I have a great support system within my family to assist me when things do get too rough.  In a way I believe my son will continue to remain as sweet and considerate upon becoming a teen as he is right now, but as a parent one must always prepare for changes.

Since I have two full years to enjoy still, I will remain calm for now and only focus on the innocence he still portrays and the smile he so easily displays upon seeing me and vise versa. Truly love being a mom, but soon will be missing the innocent phase.


Susan B. Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment